Is Pet Rehabilitation Helpful or Necessary?
Pet rehabilitation may be done by anybody who has the time to do it and will follow directions. You should see benefits from a good program within the first week if you are doing the right work for the problem!
A proper rehabilitation program should increase function where at all possible, and it subsequently could improve quality of life on many levels.
Pet rehabilitation programs are helpful for any animals that…
- have either had surgery or have not
- need improved muscle tone, connective tissue strength, and overall health before going into surgery
- are old or young and could benefit from quality-of-life improvements because they have some sort of function issues
- need advanced conditioning for a new or changed living environment
- are competitive and need sport training for improved conditioning and injury prevention
- are overweight or obese and need a properly-designed exercise plan
See this post on Goals of Therapeutic Exercise for more info.
I bet you already know why rehabilitation is a good idea, so I’m going to enable comments for this page for when you would like to tell me your “why”!
Updated February 17, 2018